Please click on a course to view detailed information.
The Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) course is a balanced combination of hands on activities and theory to provide the knowledge required for today’s fiber optic technology applications. The certification is internationally recognized and is intended to provide a baseline knowledge for anyone working within, or with aspirations to work in the fiber optic industry. Certified Fiber Optics Technicians (CFOTs) are in high demand in many industries.
The CFOT designation will enhance your career and employment options by showcasing your proven skills and knowledge.
· Inspect, Install, and test connectors to EIA/TIA standards
· Identify damage to cables and associated causes
· Install fiber optic cable
· Test fiber optic cable for EIA/TIA acceptable losses
· Utilize OTDR and light source/power meter
· Install mechanical and fusion splices to EIA/TIA standards
· Identify and specify components for a fiber optic system
· Budget for losses in fiber optic systems
· Utilize attenuators to adjust power levels (DBM) at the receiver
Who Should take this course?
Telecoms Professionals, Engineers, and Designers of Fiber Optic distribution systems, LAN Administrators, and persons planning to enter careers in Telecommunications distribution.
Prerequisite: None (Entry Level)
Duration: 4 days
This 4-day course is intended to define what structured cabling is by putting it into historical development context. The course covers standards used in premises cabling, copper, Fiber and wireless technologies used and corresponding components for multimode (OM1, OM2, OM3 and OM4) and single mode fibers, copper (UTP Cat 3, 5 and 6) and coax) and wireless. Student will learn how Wi-Fi technology is incorporated in cabling systems.
The course will also go into testing methods and testing equipment used. There will be hands on labs to show various types of materials used, tools and equipment. Students will learn various termination methods for multimode and single mode fibers.
It is the FOA certification for designers, installers and operators of premises cabling networks.
This Fiber Optic Association certification covers the best practices and design alternatives of fiber optic networks within the context of–complete–communications systems or construction projects.
The course is valuable for anyone working with fiber for voice, video, and data applications, on an advanced level to cover all the versatile and ever-growing dimensions of fiber optic technology. It discusses all the theories, concepts, and principles in depth related to fiber optics. A hands-on atmosphere makes you confident to apply the knowledge in the field environment.
The focus is geared toward the design. This includes network protocols, network configurations, optical cabling, industry communications standards, and determination of fiber count, hardware selection, splicing termination, methods, cable system testing, troubleshooting, and proper documentation.
Duration: 4 days
Prerequisites: A CFOT, CPCT, or equivalent basic knowledge of fiber optics and communications networks is helpful in taking this course but not required. A review of basic fiber optic concepts and components is included in the course for those with no background in fiber optics.
VSAT Satellite Training is an industry-leading course essential for everyone who works in the satellite communications industry. The course covers all aspects of satellite theory, RF & antennas, installation, fault finding, and everything you should know to be a successful VSAT technician.
The workshop will provide participants with in-depth understanding of VSAT systems and protocols, provide-a comprehensive introduction to VSAT concepts, satellite communications systems, technologies and protocols, and allow delegates to understand and assess VSAT systems for deployment into corporate wide area network solutions.
It will cover a wide range of issues relating to satellite communications, and regulatory issues, including the role of the regional and international satellite communications organizations.
Who Should take this course?:
Practicing engineers, information technologists, managers, and employees from regulators, government institutions, NGOs, and telecommunication companies, who are interested in acquiring a technical understanding of VSAT systems and detailed knowledge of current systems design.
Among others, the following topics will be covered:
- Satellite systems design and technology
- Earth stations technology
- Transmission and network planning
- Link budget analysis and design
- VSAT installation and maintenance
- Earth station and VSAT registration – best practices
- WiMax and other terrestrial interference issues
- Frequency registration & intersystem coordination
- Regulatory factors, licensing, orbital slot registration and ownership
Duration: 3 days
The MikroTik Certified Network Associate (MTCNA) course is designed to make students familiar with RouterOS software and RouterBoard products. After successfully completing the course, students will be able to configure, manage, troubleshoot a MikroTik router and provide basic services at their workplace.
The course includes 3 days of hands-on training and intense lab workshops. Those students who take the course and pass the examination at the end of the course will receive full certification from MikroTik.
- Network Management
Network engineers and technicians wanting to deploy and support:
Corporate networks, Client CPEs (WISPs and ISPs)
Prerequisites: Good understanding of TCP/IP and subnetting.
The Mikrotik Certified Routing Engineer (MTCRE) – Training represents advanced static and dynamic (OSPF) routing methodologies, advanced tunneling and vlans. The course appeals to Network Technicians, Computer Scientists, Computer Engineers, Network Engineers, Computer Electricians, WISP & Network Administrators.
This certification is becoming more and more of a requirement when doing installations for large organizations. The course represents advanced static and dynamic (OSPF) routing methodologies, advanced tunneling and vlans.Prerequisites: MTCNA certification Duration: 3-days
IT & Cyber Security
The ITIL4 Foundation certification is designed as an introduction to ITIL4 and enables candidates to look at IT service management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery, and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
The certification can help:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL4 framework
- Those who want to understand how ITIL4 can be used to enhance IT service management
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted ITIL.
However, the ITIL4 Foundation certification can benefit anyone who has an interest in IT service management.
Candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL4 processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
Increase your salary prospects
Global surveys demonstrate that ITIL-qualified individuals are better paid.
Learn the global language
Learn the global language used within ITSM to effectively communicate with colleagues and other ITSM professionals
Understand how services are delivering value in your organization
Duration: 3 days
ITIL 4 Managing Professional (MP) stream provides practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT enabled services, teams and workflows. It is aimed at IT practitioners working within technology and digital teams across businesses.ITIL 4 Managing Professional (ITIL MP) is a stream of four modules:
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist High-velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve.
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader (SL) recognizes the value of ITIL, not just for IT operations, but for all digitally-enabled services. Becoming an ITIL 4 Strategic Leader demonstrates that the you have a clear understanding of how IT influences and directs business strategy.
ITIL4 Strategic Leader (ITIL SL) is a stream of two modules:
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve
- ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy.
ITIL SL recognizes the value of ITIL, not just for IT operations, but for all digitally-enabled services. Becoming an ITIL 4 Strategic Leader demonstrates that the you have a clear understanding of how IT influences and directs business strategy.
To obtain the designation ITIL 4 Managing Professional or ITIL 4 Strategic Leader, one must complete all modules in each stream, with ITIL Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve being a universal module for both streams.
After achieving the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation, one would only need to complete the ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy module to achieve the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader designation.
To achieve the ITIL Master certification, one must be able to explain and justify how they have personally selected and applied a range of knowledge, principles, methods and techniques from ITIL and supporting management techniques, to achieve desired business outcomes in one or more practical assignments.
The ITIL® Master certification validates your ability to apply the principles, methods and techniques from ITIL in the workplace.
Every ITIL Master candidate will select a different range of experiences that are personal to them, so there is no fixed syllabus for this qualification. There is also no prescribed training course since the theory being tested will vary depending on the nature of the situation each candidate will choose.To be eligible for the ITIL Master certification, you must:
- have achieved the ITIL Expert certificate; and
- have worked in IT service management for at least five years in leadership, managerial, or higher management advisory levels.
COBIT 5 IT governance foundation course provides an overview of the main concepts of IT governance according to COBIT 5, latest governance framework, and how they can be applied. It provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use.
COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. This course and the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate are mandatory for additional COBIT 5 training, including the COBIT 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program Training.
Who Should Attend:
Business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what it can provide their organization
This training aims at enhancing your understanding of IS audit processes and also help you understand how to protect information systems. Also, the course will help you prepare for the certification exam. CISA is world-renowned as the standard of achievement for those who audit, control, monitor and assess an organization’s information technology and
- Be able to identify and assess vulnerabilities and report on compliance and institutional controls
- Gain a better understanding of IS audit and assurance guidelines, standards, and best practices
- Learn how to govern and control enterprise IT environments
- Understand the acquisition, development, testing, and implementation of information systems
- Develop a working knowledge of the below five domains of CISA
Domain 0 – Course Introduction
Domain 1 – Process of Auditing Information Systems
Domain 2 – Governance and Management of IT
Domain 3 – IS Acquisition, Development, and Implementation
Domain 4 – IS Operations, Maintenance, and Support
Domain 5 – Protection of Information Assets
CISSP certification is a globally recognized standard of achievement that confirms an individual’s knowledge in the field of information security. Aimed at Information Security Professionals, this training surveys the entire information security landscape and the technologies involved.
The training addresses the eight knowledge domains that comprise the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) for Information Systems security Professionals and will help delegates prepare for CISSP exam.
The training offers a theoretical and practical based approach to the security process, with opportunities to discuss the immediate application of concepts and techniques described in the CBK to the real world. It provides an introduction to security management, architecture and engineering.
In-depth coverage of the eight domains required to pass the CISSP exam.
1. Security and Risk Management
2. Asset Security
3. Security Engineering
4. Communications and Network Security
5. Identity and Access Management
6. Security Assessment and Testing
7. Security Operations
8. Software Development Security
Who Should Attend:
Anyone whose position requires CISSP certification
Those who want to advance within their current computer security careers or migrate to a related career
Experience in at least two CBK domains, for 5 years or more.
(4 years if one has achieved relevant industry or degree level certifications) to achieve full certification.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) is the world’s leading project management certification. Now including predictive, agile and hybrid approaches, the PMP proves project leadership experience and expertise in any way of working. It supercharges careers for project leaders across industries and helps organizations find the people they need to work smarter and perform better.
- A four-year degree
- 36 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM Certification
— OR —
- A high school diploma or an associate’s degree (or global equivalent)
- 60 months leading projects
- 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM Certification
This PMP exam-preparation courses incorporates a guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK Guide) – Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2017 and other sources.
What You’ll Learn:
- Prepare to take the PMP exam
- Become familiar with PMBOK Guide terms, definitions, and processes
- Master test-taking techniques
- Learn styles and types of questions found on the PMP exam
- PMBOK Guide’s five process groups, ten knowledge areas, and the area of professional and social responsibility.
Overview of what’s covered:
Lesson 0: The PMI Project Management Mindset
Lesson 1: Creating a High-Performing Team
Get the most out of your team
Lesson 2: Starting the Project
Tools to set the tone for the whole project
Lesson 3: Doing the Work
Successfully execute while managing risk and change
Lesson 4: Keeping the Team on Track
Leadership styles to keep your team performing
Lesson 5: Keeping the Business in Mind
Successful projects add value and support the organization
Lesson 6: Preparing for the PMP Exam
Who Should Attend?
Associate project managers, Project managers, IT project managers, Project coordinators, Project analysts, Project leaders, Senior project managers, Team leaders, Product managers, Program managers, Project sponsors, Project team members seeking the PMP certification.
Duration: 5 days
The field of project management is growing exponentially, and so is the demand for highly qualified project management professionals.
PRINCE2 (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. The method is used for a wide variety and size of projects and is universally accepted as best practice in project management. This training has two modules;
»»Three day Foundation level:
Provides a solid understanding of the scope, content, terminology and processes of PRINCE2 and resulting in participants taking the Foundation Examination. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
This is a one hour, multiple choice, ‘closed-book’ examination where you need to score 50% (38/75 marks) or more to pass. You need to pass this examination in order to take the Practitioner Examination. The examination is taken on day 3 of the Foundation course.
»»Two day Practitioner level
Allows delegates the opportunity to gain a wider understanding of the application of PRINCE2 in a Project context by discussing & practicing the application of these skills in a facilitated environment.
The Question booklet contains nine questions, each covering a different syllabus area which will be clearly identified at the beginning of each question. Each of the nine questions contains 12 question lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 108 marks. The pass mark is 59 (55%). Each of the nine questions will be sub-divided into parts. Each of the ‘part-questions’ will identify the portion of the 12 marks allocated to it. Delegates are expected to answer all questions and part-questions.
Delegates will understand the PRINCE2 method and will be able to organize, plan and control projects quickly and effectively in accordance with the PRINCE2 Methodology. Senior Managers attending the course will be able to make decisions on project initiation and continuation on the basis of hard facts provided in a structured format.
Certified Business Analysis Professionals comprise an elite class of business analysts who are recognized by the industry as experts in identifying business requirements of an organization to come up with business solutions. The CBAP business analytics course certifies the competence and advanced level of expertise of business analysis personnel.
The course prepares candidates for the Certified Business Analysis Professional exam to achieve CBAP certification. Participants are taken through the knowledge areas covered by the exam to ensure one has a full understanding of what each area involves.
- Fundamental concepts of business analysis practices and principles
- Planning Business Analysis in an organization
- Conducting Enterprise analysis
- Communicating and Managing Requirements effectively
- Eliciting and Analyzing Requirements
- Assessment and Solution Validation
- Building core competencies to achieve organizational goals
Chapter 1: Foundation Concepts
Chapter 2: Controlled Start: Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
Chapter 3: Controlled Start: Enterprise Analysis
Chapter 4: Overarching Tasks: Requirements Management and Communication
Chapter 5: Controlled Middle: Elicitation
Chapter 6: Controlled Middle: Requirements Analysis
Chapter 7: Controlled End: Solution Assessment and Validation
Chapter 8: Underlying Competencies
Duration: 5 days
The course is based on the Good Practice Guidelines (GPG) the independent body of knowledge for good Business Continuity (BC) practice and is aligned to ISO 22301, the global standard for BCM. It offers a solid description of the methods, techniques and approaches used by BC professionals worldwide to develop, implement and maintain an effective BCM programme.
- Based on the Good Practice Guidelines
- Aligned to ISO 22301, the international standard for BCM
- Based on global good practice in BC
- Modular– six modules, each one based on one of the six Professional Practices that make up the BCM Lifecycle, which lies at the heart of good BC practice
- Provides an accepted benchmark against which the technical and professional competency of BC professionals can be effectively measured and examined
- Teaches you not just the ‘what’ to do, but also the ‘why’, ‘how’ and ‘when’ of good BC practice
- Equips you with the knowledge and understanding you require to be able to practice BC
- Written by highly experienced BC professionals
- Prepares you for the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) Examination
- Provides practical insights to good BC practice and expertise by learning from some of the best BC professionals in the industry
What the course covers:
The course takes you through the complete BCM Lifecycle step by step, and provides practical insights into all aspects pertaining to the development, implementation and management of a BCM programme within an organization through the instructor’s use of case studies and real-life examples. The subject matter addresses the six Professional Practices (PP) at Management and Technical Level that make up the BCM Lifecycle, including:
Module One: Policy and Programme Management (PP1)
Module Two: Embedding Business Continuity (PP2)
Module Three: Analysis (PP3)
Module Four: Design (PP4)
Module Five: Implementation (PP5)
Module Six: Validation (PP6)
Duration: 5 days
For increased productivity, job performance, and better decision-making!
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider URL: https://www.quillcomm.com